Hp 8000 elite gtx640

Solution
For what i could reserch there are various versions of the Compaq 8000 Elite. Considering its motherboard do have a PCI-E port, yes it will work. BUT from what i could check out... it only has a 320 W PSU at most and some models of the Compaq 8000 elite has a 240 W PSU. So you will need to improve the PSU to atleast a 450W or 550W one.
I would purchase a SeaSonic M12II 520 Bronze that is the Cheapest Seasonic PSU and it will solve the issue.
Still... I dont really know what kind of Compaq 8000 elite you do have since it comes with different processors and some may bottleneck the card while some others may not...
And as a final tip: Dont purchase prebuilt pcs anymore, just ask anyone in this forums by opening a new thread to build you up...

Ramlethal

Estimable
For what i could reserch there are various versions of the Compaq 8000 Elite. Considering its motherboard do have a PCI-E port, yes it will work. BUT from what i could check out... it only has a 320 W PSU at most and some models of the Compaq 8000 elite has a 240 W PSU. So you will need to improve the PSU to atleast a 450W or 550W one.
I would purchase a SeaSonic M12II 520 Bronze that is the Cheapest Seasonic PSU and it will solve the issue.
Still... I dont really know what kind of Compaq 8000 elite you do have since it comes with different processors and some may bottleneck the card while some others may not...
And as a final tip: Dont purchase prebuilt pcs anymore, just ask anyone in this forums by opening a new thread to build you up a PC and we will help you out so you will get what you really deserve for the money you are dispossed to spend.
And as a final suggestion i would just literally save up all the money i can and just trash this pc and build a brand new one, since this pc has not much time left, soon it will become obsolete.

Solution