1080 ti auros xtreme buy or avoid

ahmedcs1985

Proper
Mar 6, 2018
hello all,

i'm planning on buying new GPU and my choice was either 1080 ti Auros xtreme or Rog strix oc which is more expensive

amazon offers 190$ discount on the auros last few days but i've read so many complains about the card performance and size etc

i want expert view about this card should i get it or avoid it i dont want to waste money or time

because i live in Egypt and will order from amazon so if there is something wrong i will have to ship it back to USA

Solution
The RTX 2080 Duke does post a few better benches than it's cousin MSI GTX 1080 Ti, see here: https://wccftech.com/review/msi-geforce-rtx-2080-duke-oc-review/

Variances between other manufacturers GTX 1080 Ti's may/may not be there, just depends on if it's benched on a comarable PC setup for a better idea... As you can see, there is only a few FPS we're talking here the RTX 2080 has the advantage, across different monitor resolutions.

Again, the the FPS + or - may or may not be there, at stock settings when comparing the MSI Duke to another model GTX 1080 Ti.

The end conclusion at the article states, "Overall, the graphics card is a really good performer but with most of the features still not of much use to gamers at the moment...

Sam Hain

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013
Can't speak for any other 1080 Ti from personal use/experience, but will from owning the Aorus 1080 Ti Xtreme...

1- Out-of-box clocks are above most other 1080 Ti's; not that this translates into massive FPS gains but is a FPS/performance bonus nonetheless
2- With custom fan curve, NEVER goes above 60*c on ANY title w/ultra settings @1440p 165Hz G-Sync monitor
3- OC's very well, even though stock-clocks are already high
4- Card is a tad heavy, but then again most 3rd party Ti's are; may require a GPU brace unless your motherboard has reinforced PCI-e slot(s)
5- Aorus Engine software not that great for OC'ing but is a must for LED lighting; use MSI AB for any OC'ing as it's the best software for doing so

Again, this is my personal one 1080 Ti experience.

ahmedcs1985

Proper
Mar 6, 2018

thank you for the fast response,

im not planning to over clocked the card but i just wanna be sure the card will run smooth my experience is not that good with GPU's

so i don't wanna mess with it or do any alterations i want solid card with stock OC problem free

Sam Hain

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013
The card I have runs at 2038 MHz on stock clock (boost), which is pretty good! This seems to be the average for the Aorus' Extreme's, without OC'ing them. Even with OC'ing, FPS gain is dependent upon: the rest of your system's hardware, your monitor's spec's and game graphic settings.

ahmedcs1985

Proper
Mar 6, 2018
another question guys since the difference between rtx 2080 and 1080 ti not that big ,

does it worth the extra 30-50$ to get rtx 2080 i like this version MSI GeForce RTX 2080 DUKE

Sam Hain

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013
The RTX 2080 Duke does post a few better benches than it's cousin MSI GTX 1080 Ti, see here: https://wccftech.com/review/msi-geforce-rtx-2080-duke-oc-review/

Variances between other manufacturers GTX 1080 Ti's may/may not be there, just depends on if it's benched on a comarable PC setup for a better idea... As you can see, there is only a few FPS we're talking here the RTX 2080 has the advantage, across different monitor resolutions.

Again, the the FPS + or - may or may not be there, at stock settings when comparing the MSI Duke to another model GTX 1080 Ti.

The end conclusion at the article states, "Overall, the graphics card is a really good performer but with most of the features still not of much use to gamers at the moment like DLSS and RTX, we would have to wait and see whether the price would be justified over something like a GTX 1080 Ti which you can easily get for much lower at the moment."

It's a very tough decision to make... The GTX 1080 Ti is nearly 1.5 years old/tested, still very viable for the foreseeable future and prices are coming down, whereas the RTX 2080 is new, with newer tech for games already available to exploit (not many many now but more on the way) and prices are U.S. $799+.

Solution