FX 6300 overclocking guide

Oct 8, 2018
Hello,
I have an FX 6300 on ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 motherboard,
COOLER MASTER RS500 POWER SUPPLY,
8gb kingstone hyperx 1600MHZ,
I know its kinda bad specs, I would like to try to overclock my CPU as much as possible and as stable as possible, could anyone give me tips to how to overclock my CPU and what should I change in my bios ai tweaker settings

MLG_No_Scope

Respectable
May 23, 2017
There is no single right setting for an cpu. all you have to do is just overclock you cpu a little bit each time and play a game for around 15-30 minutes. repeat this untill this will cause problems. then just simply lower it and don't go any higher. things to watch out tho.

1.) Temperatures, because you are overclocking your cpu, it will produce more heat. avoid making a damn barbeque in your pc :)
2.) Stability, check if your cpu is stable at the new speed. if it causes problems like BSOD, lower the settings again.
3.) Don't just change the speed, because an higher voltage level also improves your cpu performance. but dont go to crazy on this. keep it clean ;)

you can check more about overclocking here:

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/computing/how-to-overclock-your-cpu-1306573

Hope it helps out :D

Oct 8, 2018
I changed my Multiplier to 20, and i changed voltage to 1.3 and nb voltage 1.2, i been running stress test for 15min so far its stable at 4Ghz
should I change my Bus speed or leave it to 200 default and just change the multiplier?
UPDATE: after 20min stress test on prime95, the core speed dropped to 1.4ghz (7multiplier) for less than 10seconds and its back to normal, is that okay? or it means that the OC is not stable?
now the core speed keeps dropping to 1.4ghz (7multiplier) every 30 seconds for around 10seconds

MLG_No_Scope

Respectable
May 23, 2017
again, try to overclock for better speeds. you don't have to be scared to overclock it. if it doesn't stay stable, return it back to 200.
how much you want to overclock it depends on you and the cpu.

Oct 8, 2018
I would love to get it to 4.5 if its possible with my poor PC specs.
Currently core speed keep dropping every 30seconds to 1minute, but no crash or BSOD.
is that core speed drop normal??

Oct 8, 2018
I did lower bus speed frequency to 190, and increased CPU voltage to 1.4, the core speed still dropping, I dont understand this core speed drops, maybe I should go to default settings and try stress test the CPU on stock and see if there is still drops, now I wonder if the actual CPU is okay xD

Oct 8, 2018
I made everything default and I did run CPU stress test, the core speed keep jumping every second between 3ghz and 3.5ghz, does that mean its time to trash my CPU? xD
UPDATE: nvm, it was because of power saving on bios, I managed finally to stable at 4ghz without the core speed drops, with 18.5 multiplier and 216 bus speed, but after 1hour of prime95 stress test I crashed, now I think its stable 4ghz at 220 bus speed and 18 multiplier. I left the voltage at default.
Looks like this is the maximum for my CPU with my PC specs.