Two RX 570(8GB) Crossfired vs one RX 580(8GB)

TheGarrett

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2016
Hey everyone,

I have had my eyes set on a Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580(8GB) for a month or so now and its currently on sale for a price I am willing to pay($250). As such I went to purchase the caed but when I was doing soanother deal that caught my eye, a MSI Armor RX 570(8GB) for $170(after rebate). This made me reconsider the Sapphire card and has brought about some questions I'm unable to answer myself. So without further ado, would it be worth it to purchase two of the MSI cards and crossfire them(not necessarily purchasing both at the same time)? Or should I just go with the single Sapphire card? My motherboard and power supply are capable of doing the crossfire.

As far as what I'd like to get performance wise, 60+ FPS on most games on high settings in 1080p resolution is the bottomline. I'd like to have some capabilities at 1440p for this price point, but its not a necessity .

I appreciate any insight as the information I've heard/read about SLI/Crossfiring cards has been contradictory and confusing.

Thanks for your time and I hope y'all have a great day!

Solution
Alrite... So...
In my own personal Experience... I am a Huge fan of SLI tech and i do SLI whenever i can with every single of my rigs. BUT i might admit that it has more dissadventages than adventages when comparing the pricing you pay for the performance you get and also the pre-requisits that you need to have to be able to.
Would i recommend SLI? Yes and No. Only in certain cases.
When i say its OK to sli? When you have no Budget limit on your rig, When you already own one of the Top 5 cards on the market and my PC is able to do so.
In your particular case i would recommend to just dont. Take in mind that SLI will not use the full performance of the "Slave" or "Secondary" card and not all games supports it.
So... to be honest and give...

Ramlethal

Estimable
Alrite... So...
In my own personal Experience... I am a Huge fan of SLI tech and i do SLI whenever i can with every single of my rigs. BUT i might admit that it has more dissadventages than adventages when comparing the pricing you pay for the performance you get and also the pre-requisits that you need to have to be able to.
Would i recommend SLI? Yes and No. Only in certain cases.
When i say its OK to sli? When you have no Budget limit on your rig, When you already own one of the Top 5 cards on the market and my PC is able to do so.
In your particular case i would recommend to just dont. Take in mind that SLI will not use the full performance of the "Slave" or "Secondary" card and not all games supports it.
So... to be honest and give you the most short answer. Just dont. Go the most powerful GPU you can affroad and it will overperform highly over the 570s Crossfire.

Solution

TheGarrett

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2016

So do you think the $80 increase for the RX 580 is worth it? I can't really go any higher than a GTX 1060/RX 580

Ramlethal

Estimable

Yes. Totally. For that desire performance you will have a good investment if you are going for a 580.