GT 1030 Compatible?

robloxgamer25394

Prominent
Oct 13, 2018
I have done a lot of research on best/cheap low profile graphics card that could be used for some rendering and gaming. I encountered GT 1030. I forgot about power supply requirements.

Looking at my prebuilt system (HP Pavilion 570-p026) which came with a generic power supply that outputs 180 watt.
The card requirement recommended at least 300 watt.
Doing more research, other people said it will be fine because the card is a 30 watt card with a CPU that has a TDP of 65 watts.
If this is not enough. Can someone recommend me a good power supply cost that adds with the aprox. 79 dollars GT 1030 to around 100 dollars.

Solution
I suspect your existing PSU might work, since as others said, it's only about a 30 watt card. You're probably not going to get any semi-decent power supply for around $20, and I believe it may need to be a small-form-factor PSU to fit inside your case. I've heard of others upgrading similar prebuilt systems with 180 watt PSUs to a GT 1030, and while it's not necessarily guaranteed to work, the chances of it working are likely pretty good given the system's low power requirements.
I suspect your existing PSU might work, since as others said, it's only about a 30 watt card. You're probably not going to get any semi-decent power supply for around $20, and I believe it may need to be a small-form-factor PSU to fit inside your case. I've heard of others upgrading similar prebuilt systems with 180 watt PSUs to a GT 1030, and while it's not necessarily guaranteed to work, the chances of it working are likely pretty good given the system's low power requirements.

Solution

robloxgamer25394

Prominent
Oct 13, 2018

I asked some other people and they said I should not buy it because I will be replacing it as fast I get it.

robloxgamer25394

Prominent
Oct 13, 2018

I found a corsair 450 watt power supply for $27 plus $5.99 shipping

You should check the size of your existing PSU, since clicking the power supply specifications on the page you linked to about your computer brings up more information that it's a "uATX" (micro ATX) PSU, otherwise described as "SFX" (Small Form Factor), meaning a regular-size ATX PSU may not fit inside your case. Chances are good that you might not need to upgrade the PSU for a 1030 anyway.

If you did get a better PSU, you could optionally go with a faster card like a GTX 1050, which would be about twice as fast, although you would need to stretch your budget a bit more for one of those.

koson123

Prominent
Oct 12, 2018

I'm pretty sure you found a sale where was this?

TRENDING THREADS