MSI tomahawk B350
500GB SSD (with system and game)
Seagate 7200rpm 2tb SSHD
EVGA 700B 700watt power supply
Ryzen 5 2600x
***Nvidia GTX 1070 TI EVGA
24GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws3200mHz
Dell S2716dg

I am new to PC and building PCs. I have been upgrading a computer that I bought used. I must admit, upgrading each component had many more problems than I thought they should. I finally had a really nice rig, but I decided I wanted to upgrade the GPU from the Strix Overclocked edition Gtx 1050ti to the EVGA 1070 TI. The install was painful due to some stupid monitor bug!

I overclocked the CPU using the default system settings for MSI BIOS (3.6 up to 4.1). I also overclocked the Memory using profile 1 for A-XMP (not sure if this is really helpful to do).

I had uninstalled all the drivers for GPU before the install and reinstalled the nvidia geforce gaming drivers. I tried overclocking the new GPU both using Basic settings and then manually following the usual instructions given in videos. My benchmark for UNIGINE went from 14000 to 16500. I then dropped everything a little to be safe because i only did a 30 min test. 190+ and 600+ overclock settings.

But I was running 90 FPS on WOW in setting 8 on the OLDER 1050ti and now I'm lucky to get 50 at lower setting with the NEW 1070 TI. I also have weird spikes where FPS drops down to 5 without an internet lag (always in 30ms). Nothing changes when i put the GPU back in default settings.

I'm connected via DisplayPort and have G-synch on.

i had upgraded the CPU a couple months ago (knowing that WOW is very CPU dependent) and saw a big gain in FPS from 50 to 90.

I think with that build, I should be able to get a lot better FPS? What are the problem solving steps?

i have a ryzen 1600 oc to 3.8 and intel 6600k oc to 4.3, with a rx580, i noticed that games tends to be more or less similar with the exception of wow, it's just much smoother.

if wow is the only game you play and you are an active raider, i would suggest you to switch to intel platform.
few of my guildies already switched to intel due to the low fps with their ryzen system. and we have tried latest bios/chipset driver, clean install of windows and latest driver. other games doesn't have this issue.

i understand that, can you reproduce the results by swap back the 1050ti? it could be something got updated in wow in the weekly patch.

TRENDING THREADS