I7 8700 air cpu cooler

Oct 17, 2018
Hey guys I'm building a gaming pc and want it to perform well. I have a gtx 1080ti gpu with a i7 8700(Non k) with a very big case with ample fans to cool all my hardware.I want to get a cooler Master master air G100 for my cpu mainly because of a esthetics(it's low profile) . I live in South Africa and the summers here can get very hot, up to 40 degrees celcius and my main concern would be the cpu temperature creating a bottleneck because of thermal throttling. I know the non k version don't get that hot because it's locked but would like to know if this cooler would be sufficient for running very demanding games on hot summers?

Solution
Yes, the materair G100 will be fine for the 8700. It is rated for 130watt TDP and the 8700 has a 65watt TDP. So it will be more than adequate to sustain boost speeds.
Should be fine, it will definitely be louder than a bigger cooler though. If you can do without RGB/lights, the dark rock 3 and 4 look pretty good IMO, don't cost much more, and will be dead silent almost 100% of the time. Your call though, I personally prioritize sound over looks.

Oct 17, 2018
I want a low profile cpu cooler mainly because of my motherboard wich has rgb and getting those beefy coolers will get in the way of my motherboards rgb and also the two rgb case fans at the back . I'm also trying to make my pc as aesthetic as possible because it has tempered glass on all sides left.,right, front and above,being a pc enthusiasts I would like it to look as good as possible. Sorry for not replying individually.

Sounds like a AIO cooler may be your best option. While air coolers are quieter and cheaper, AIO coolers are much more pleasing to the eye and wont block your mobo RGB.

Checkout the Corsair H100i. Just make sure you can fit a 240 radiator on your case and you should be good to go.

https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-Radiator-Advanced-Lighting-Software/dp/B019EXSSBG

Since you have a locked CPU, you could go with the Corsair H60 as it will cool just fine. But it is a little overpriced when you can get the H100i for a few bucks more. The H60 will fit your case as you just hook up the 120mm rad on the exhaust fan.

Oct 17, 2018
I originally wanted to use a aio cooler but decided against it due to a couple of factors mainly due to potential leakage.I know the chance of its is extremely rare but even so its a risk I don't want to take

The cooler Master master air G100 should be about as effective as the intel stock cooler.

What is your case?
The effectiveness of any cooler depends on the availability of sufficient intake air to let the cooler do it's job.
If you will be using a high powered graphics card, that becomes even more important.
I think the case should provide at least two front 120mm or larger fan intakes.

TRENDING THREADS