[SOLVED] can a gt 1030 fit on my pc

Oct 6, 2018
i have a hp dc 7800 convertible minitower with a A00Ch motherboard and im looking into buying a gt 1030 2 gb gddr5 low profile,but i wanted to know if it would fit in my pc?

Solution
If I am not mistaken that is a BTX motherboard with the slots on the opposite side compared to ATX. You would want to stick with single slot thickness cards to avoid interference.

GT1030 is vastly newer than the computer. There have been compatibility issues between the GT1030 and non UEFI compliant BIOS. My recommendation would be to stick with something older like a GT730 or Radeon R5-230.

As long as you can return the GT1030, it is worth a shot though.

You might also consider spending a little more and simply getting an entire system based on the Ryzen APUs. (R3-2200G)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If I am not mistaken that is a BTX motherboard with the slots on the opposite side compared to ATX. You would want to stick with single slot thickness cards to avoid interference.

GT1030 is vastly newer than the computer. There have been compatibility issues between the GT1030 and non UEFI compliant BIOS. My recommendation would be to stick with something older like a GT730 or Radeon R5-230.

As long as you can return the GT1030, it is worth a shot though.

You might also consider spending a little more and simply getting an entire system based on the Ryzen APUs. (R3-2200G)

Solution