970 evo not being recognised. Maximus vii hero

Oct 21, 2018
So as the title says. I set the 970 evo in the m.2 slot and it doesn't read. I've tried updating BIOS, removing all other SATA connections. I tried to turn off CSM and put secure boot to "other OS" in an attempt to see if it recognises but still nothing. You guys got an idea what's going on here? Is the 970 evo not compatible with the maximus vii hero mobo?

Solution
I'm certain your motherboard does not support NVME m.2 devices such as the 970 EVO. You would need a SATA m.2 such as the 860 EVO to function. Be aware that the speed MAY be faster than a typical SSD as the transfer rate is 10Gbps vs 6Gbps. Even if the 970 EVO was supported it would have been a waste as it,is designed for 32Gbps and the slot tops out at 10.
I'm certain your motherboard does not support NVME m.2 devices such as the 970 EVO. You would need a SATA m.2 such as the 860 EVO to function. Be aware that the speed MAY be faster than a typical SSD as the transfer rate is 10Gbps vs 6Gbps. Even if the 970 EVO was supported it would have been a waste as it,is designed for 32Gbps and the slot tops out at 10.

Solution
Oct 23, 2018
The M.2 slot on Maximus hero 7 is PCIe 2.0,not SATA,there are plenty of videos of that MB with 960 evo.There is some other reason for the incompatibility,may be the controller .Even if it can't reach it's top speed,there are still other reasons for bying it-futureproof,keeping resale value.

Oct 23, 2018
Yes and more info on all the BIOS menu setting you did?
Advanced/Onboard Devices Configuration PCI express X4_3 Slot(Black) did you set that on M.2 or PCIex4 mode??
Lets figure this out,because that's exactly what I was thinking of installing on the same motherboard lol.