i7 3770 bad performance in far cry 5 ?

Yash_rc

Reputable
Jun 16, 2017
soo i have a decent setup .... my fps is dropping below 60s and its because my gpu is not utilizing itself to full 99% ... i dont know why, i dont seem to have a gpu bottleneck cause my cpu never reaches 100% ... not even close to 90%... yet my gpu usage is only around 50 to 60%.. where in youtube benchmarks i see the usage is always 99% in 1080p ... also im playing at 1080p... here are some screenshots of my cpu and gpu utilization :
1: https://imgur.com/a/elV3Fra
2: https://imgur.com/a/0xvlEir

my setup:
gtx 1070
i7 3770
8gb ddr3 1600mhz ram
600watts gold rated cooler master psu
500gb internal hd
1tb external hd
intel db75en motherboard

CAN ANYONE PLEASEEEEEEE HELP ME ITS HAPPENING IN OTHER GAMES TOO I ALREADY DID A FORMAT OF MY PC STILL ITS SAME

HELP WOULD BE APRRECIATED

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE :D

Jan 25, 2019
Have you tried disabling HT? I can confirm that my i7 3770 with HT on usually hits 70 to 80% ish, and it hits 100% with HT off. But even with HT on, i still can play at 60fps 1080p with my 1070, so i dont really care about the cpu not hitting 100% right now. And second, how about v sync and frame rate limit? If you implement those, then your cpu and gpu will only work as hard as needed, not on full load.

That's nonsense. Far Cry 5 runs absolutely fine on my 4770K with a GTX 1080.

OP is your CPU overclocked? An unstable overclock could cause issues.

heshclub7

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
The 4770K is a 4th gen processor...and you have a GTX 1080.

It might not be the only reason they are suffering performance issues, but because they are below the reccomended specs, it’s always possible that it could be part of the issue.

Yash_rc

Reputable
Jun 16, 2017

HT as in from the game? or from bios?

Pretty unlikely. Even my 2009 1st Generation i7 960@4.1Ghz, with 12GB of 1333Mhz RAM running @1400Mhz, using PCIE 2.0 hardly drops below 60FPS. A 3rd Generation i7, with PCIE 3.0, should have absolutely no issue having mins at or above 60 FPS 99% of the time.

A cursory run of the internal benchmark indicates this @1080p Ultra.
qoVwKqr.png
[/url][/img]

300 Second Fraps using as close to the same run as possible (same route/time of day, but FC5 is random in its encounters) logs across 4 PCs confirms it. And HT is on in every single PC used.

fKBxfzS.png
[/url][/img]

OP; have you tried using DSR to 1440p on Very High/Ultra settings to see if this makes things smoother for you by putting more demand on the GPU? Also, what are your CPU temps? Run intel Xtreme tuning utility 5 min stress test on RAM and another on CPU; what are your temps? Your screenshots from AB indicate your RAM usage should be ok, but couldn't hurt to verify with Windows Process Explorer https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer .

Good call, weird part to me though is how this seems to be a new occurrence across all games.

I think it's due to the ever increasing world sizes of these open world games combined with these newer games leveraging more cores and threads. I would guess once you start seriously leveraging 8 or more threads memory bandwidth starts to become a major limiting factor if you're only running single channel RAM. It's crazy how much of a difference it can make in some titles, and this is with dedicated graphics not integrated. With Far Cry 5 it seems like you can lose up to about 40% performance running single channel RAM.