100% cpu load since install of 2080ti

Xreama

Reputable
Jun 24, 2017
hey everyone, now ive looked to see if anyone else had this issue before i decided to post this but and came accross one post on the microsoft site that i see 1 person with a similar one to mine.

ive upgraded from a MSI GAMING X TRIO 1080TI to a MSI GAMING X TRIO 2080TI, no other hardware changes... reinstall of the nvidia drivers yes but thats all, ( also used DDU before install aswell), but since ive installed this card my CPU will not come down from 100% Load (System Idle Process) maxed, now ive done used 6 different scans to see if it was any form of malware / trogan / virus, including stand windows offline scan. nothing turned up, the wierd thing is that if i put the 1080ti back in its back to normal...., ive also checked my power options, msconfig,sfc /scannow (hardware changes etc), updates, reinstalls, cfg), you name it.

Another thing i did also was put it into another machine.,... works fine... no cpu load no nothing...

PC Specs excluding GCARD

MSI Z370 PRO C CARBON MOTHERBOARD
32GB DDR4 GSKILL 3600MHZ
I7 8700K CPU
WINDOWS 10 64BIT VERSION 1803 (not getting october update yet as microsoft have removed it on website and gone back to april version there)

anyone out there that can help me with this... you would be a saint!

Solution
NEVERMIND I FOUND THE CAUSE!

it was dragon center, the new MSI OC program thats just been released for the RTX Series.. i just uninstalled it and problem solved.... obviously they need to fix that

Xreama

Reputable
Jun 24, 2017

i agree, i left my pc on over night and when i woke i noticed it was gone and cpu was back to normal... as soon as i loaded a game BAM back up to 100% and its stuck there again, even when im not in a game

http://prntscr.com/l9y39r as you can see here

it was dragon center, the new MSI OC program thats just been released for the RTX Series.. i just uninstalled it and problem solved.... obviously they need to fix that

Xreama

Reputable
Jun 24, 2017

Solution