RX 580 ARMOR MK2 8G OC vs MSI 1070ti Gaming X

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Ah, I meant achieve in terms of more fps, or, say, max details at a lower FPS.

If you want to max your frames per second, go with the 1070Ti.

If you want max details at 60fps, stick with your RX480 and keep your money. As WildCard mentioned, the RX 580 is only a marginal improvement over the RX 480, so, there'd be only a small number of fps increase in doing that. Wouldn't be noticeable, and I agree with WC in that it's not at all worth the expenditure to go from 480 to 580.

WildCard999

Titan

The 1070 ti will help however at 1080P to get those higher FPS you may need to eventually consider a better CPU. This also depends on the types of games played however you may still want to look into it.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Don't worry about bottlenecking. People generally obsess over that. The better video card will increase performance for most games, if you're looking to increase your fps at your current resolution.

Nothing can possibly perform less than it does currently with the upgrade.

WildCard999

Titan

If you can find one for a good price then go for it although it may require a motherboard BIOS update. If it's still around the $300 range then pass on it and grab something like the i5-8400 (9400 when they come out) and a B360 motherboard.

WildCard999

Titan

Both are a good choice but I did look up some used 7700's on ebay and found a few, atm, under $200 which isn't bad.

WildCard999

Titan

Sounds good, well in the meantime enjoy that 1070 ti, it'll be a big improvement over your RX 480. Just make sure to do a clean install of the drivers.