RX 580 8GB Crossfire OR RTX 2070 8GB?

Ov3rpowered

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
Hey guys,
I'm customizing a CyperPower PC and I was wondering what I should go for: two AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB (2 cards so its crossfire) or one EVGA RTX 2070 XC. I've never had either card so I can't make any decisions from experience...

I'm pairing the graphics with an Intel i7-9700k.

The crossfire setup is cheaper and comes with Assassin's Creed Odyssey for free. It however would be more of a hassle should only one card fail and it compromises the other one.

I also want to get a more recent card from EVGA as I have had a better track record with them.

I'm looking to having both the CPU and the graphics card(s) overclocked.

So hardware wise, which is better? Also, which is the better deal?

Solution
The 2070 will give you better performance. Games simply aren't optimized for technologies like Crossfire and SLI. Not well, at least. NVLink is giving us better performance scaling, though, so, if you get another 20 series card, you could get even more performance. As for value, the 2070 is no bargain, but in this case, it'll be a better deal than two 580s.

2sidedpolygon

Prominent
Jul 1, 2018
The 2070 will give you better performance. Games simply aren't optimized for technologies like Crossfire and SLI. Not well, at least. NVLink is giving us better performance scaling, though, so, if you get another 20 series card, you could get even more performance. As for value, the 2070 is no bargain, but in this case, it'll be a better deal than two 580s.

Solution