100% disk usage while gaming

Nov 8, 2018
Hello,

I read the post from 18 august about this topic(high disk usage in-game). First thing for me is that i didn't overclock my CPU and so the things that have been sad won't work for me.

My problem is the same on the games Star Citizen and World War 3. I tried al the thing i could find on the internet to lower disk usage while gaming. Nothing worked.

Yesterday I did these steps: launch and play World War 3(High disk usage)> closed the game waited for max 3 minutes so my usage drops> opened Assetto Corsa Competizione on max settings with 20 AI and a race in the rain so it produces the most amount of stress(Disk usage didn't go above 13%).

And on other large scale games like BF4/5 and GTA5 i don't have this problem

For the record when i am gaming my WW3/Star Citizen is the top one in the list in task manager.

Specs:
Windows 10
gigabyte GTX1060 6GB
I7 6700 @ 3.40 GHz
931GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 as disk
8GB ram

Tank you for helping

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to mention the make and model of your motherboard. Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Can you see what your usages are when your system is idle just after booting into GUI? You could try uninstalling and reinstalling the game and see if that alleviates the issue.

Nov 8, 2018
i have the Gigabyte B150M-D3H-CF. But i can't find what Bios version i am running or where to update it.
If i have it running idle my CPU is below 5% my RAM below 30% and my disk below 5%.
Reinstalling didn't solve it.