[SOLVED] RX 580 8GB or 1070 8GB Bottlenecks

Oct 31, 2018
I see a lot of people having an r5 2600 with an rx 580 8gb, but i feel like buying a used 1070 becasue its a stronger card in general. Anyone know why people use an rx 580?

Solution
Probably because they just want a new GPU and it is what they can afford. The GTX 1070 would be the better card, and their used price is pretty good right now. If you want to take your chances with a used card then a GTX 1070 would be a good choice. Personally, I would choose EVGA or Asus that can still be RMA'd with the second-hand warranty (3 years) from the manufacture date. Since the 1070 was released 2 1/2 years ago, all of them should still be in warranty. I have known both brands to acknowledge second-hand owners on the manufacturer warranty.

*EVGA would probably be more willing on the warranty since you can actually see the second-hand owner policy on their website.
Probably because they just want a new GPU and it is what they can afford. The GTX 1070 would be the better card, and their used price is pretty good right now. If you want to take your chances with a used card then a GTX 1070 would be a good choice. Personally, I would choose EVGA or Asus that can still be RMA'd with the second-hand warranty (3 years) from the manufacture date. Since the 1070 was released 2 1/2 years ago, all of them should still be in warranty. I have known both brands to acknowledge second-hand owners on the manufacturer warranty.

*EVGA would probably be more willing on the warranty since you can actually see the second-hand owner policy on their website.

Solution
If you are gaming on a 1080p/60Hz display then the RX 580 (or GTX 1060) is a good option.
They are okay for 'entry level' 1440p displays with some settings turned down.

However the GTX 1070 will allow for consistently > 60fps at 1080p. It's also much better card for 1440p, but they normally cost more as it's the next tier up.