i7 2600 High Temps in Bios

Nov 26, 2018
First My specs:
Intel® Core™ i7-2600 Processor
Intel DH67cl Motherboard
2x 4gb kingston ddr3

Intel Stock Cooler
Ambient Temperature around 28-29C

I was getting 77C temp in bios on startup. It starts around 56C and rises to 77C in 2-3 minutes. Intel Stock cooler fan speed is 1800 rpm. I have applied and reapplied thermal paste multiple times and make sure cooler is seated correctly but result were same. Then I moved on to software based testing and it was a shock that cpu idles at 45C in different famous softwares. Previously I was using corsair h55 water cooler but now I have bought a 8086K so I have to go to back to Intel stock cooler. Now I am attaching the screenshots at different testing point.
Before Testing:

9KjK7a9.jpg

Testing begins;

fvjR8ki.jpg

1B1ISsB.jpg

After Testing;

GTsmWQp.jpg

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Wow..... no

OP the CPU worked fine with the old cooler and had no heat issues correct? And the only change you have made is to swap that cooler with the intel stock cooler? Is the stock cooler used or new? Is there a lot of dust in the system? I see you have only 2 other fans, anything blocking them? is one intake and one exhaust?

Nov 26, 2018
I will soon be shifting it back to AIO that is almost 3 years old and I hope it will solve the issue. And Yes I was using old Intel stock cooler bought from a computer shop then I swap it with another one which I have on a core i3 2nd gen the temps drops almost 8 9 degrees

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

AIO will help.

Not all Intel stock coolers are the same, one for an i3 will not necessarily be beefy enough for a higher wattage i7, depending on generation as well.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

It may be the same depends on the generation. Hey if it works then great!

Nov 26, 2018
But i also think if the life of the cpu is on it's end as I am using it from 2011 and for 2 3 years it was thermal throttling as I use it for rendering. At that time I didn'trealized that there are thermal pastes(stock one) which needs replacement. So I bought H55 and then I never see temperatures greater than 69. And now it's almost 8 years old cpu so I wonder if is life is ending or something?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

CPUs don't wear out unless you are overclocking the heck out of them or running them VERY hot for a long time.

I think the CPU is probably fine, you just have poor cooling.

Nov 26, 2018
But I will not let it go easily and take the juice out of it till the last breath and soon mounting back the H55 and using it for a less load work like live streaming which only uses 50% cpu