[SOLVED] FX-8350 Paired with a Be Quiet! Pure Rock Slim

giutartezy

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
Soo yeah, i made a huge mistake, i bought a cpu cooler without reading the wattage and didn't notice that this cpu was a 125w while the cooler was 120.. will this create any issues? i also added a bought an artic f12 120mm fan, not the best but i hope it will help out the cpu a little bit. i'm just scared that the cpu cooler that comes with the cpu is better than this one that i bought.. what do you guys think? will it do the job?

Solution
Problem is motherboards that truly support 125w AM3+ are expensive. The M5A78L-M Plus/USB3 is one of many that are known to have problems, you need a motherboard with better VRM's than 4+1. Its also really hard to recommend such low performing hardware.

giutartezy

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
Well, my psu died all of a sudden and the motherboard with it, i had the Asus M5A78L-M LX3 and since i really liked it, i bought the same motherboard. i have a 1000w 80 gold + psu, bought an fx 8350 and and the arctif 12 fan and the cpu cooler, the be quiet pure rock slim, i didn't check the wattage on the cpu cooler before i bought it.. is it gonna create any problems? and also, i got this new cpu cooler cause the original amd cpu cooler that comes with doesnt cool enough and makes a lot of noise

giutartezy

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
Nah, can't afford that, i'm just a student.. i'm gonna return mobo and cooler, buy a mobo that supports the cpu and a cooler that is better.
Mobo :
Asus M5A78L-M Plus/USB3
CPU Cooler:

Cooler Master Hyper 212X

Problem is motherboards that truly support 125w AM3+ are expensive. The M5A78L-M Plus/USB3 is one of many that are known to have problems, you need a motherboard with better VRM's than 4+1. Its also really hard to recommend such low performing hardware.

Solution

giutartezy

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
Ahhh, well thank you guys for the answer, i'm just gonna return the products and buy the motherboard and cpu cooler that i stated abouve, the hyper 212x, thank you guys :D