[SOLVED] 120 GB Kingston SSD + 1TB External Hard Drive (Enclosure)

Kuba_6

Prominent
Mar 14, 2017
I plan on getting a 120 GB Kingston A400 SSD for my laptop and a Inateck USB 3.0 External Hard Drive Enclousure (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DW374W4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A5JH7MGCI556L&psc=1) so that I could put my current laptop HDD in that.

I plan on putting Windows 10 and some applications such as Chrome and Unity on the SSD so that they open faster etc and using the hard drive for other programs such as games and files like Unity project files (I'll be using this for college).

I thought about getting a caddy instead but I'd rather have the portability of the hard drive so that I could connect it to my main pc and move files more easily rather than using the cloud or a usb.

Do you think I should do this or get a larger SSD? Will I be able to run programs from the external hard drive? Is the SSD and enclousure I mentioned good?

Solution
Well, there could be some problems with using programs installed on external drive. Some programs may not install and the letter(s) of partitions(s) on external drive may not be same every time you connect it so programs installed on it couldn't be found and will not run except for portable ones.
Best "Middle of the road" option is to have larger drive with OS and programs and use external drive for personal data and backup.
Well, there could be some problems with using programs installed on external drive. Some programs may not install and the letter(s) of partitions(s) on external drive may not be same every time you connect it so programs installed on it couldn't be found and will not run except for portable ones.
Best "Middle of the road" option is to have larger drive with OS and programs and use external drive for personal data and backup.

Solution