[SOLVED] 970 pro to 970 pro copy windows 10

Dec 12, 2018
I upgraded my ssds to 970 pro s . I have one for the operating system and one for the games . Both ssds are running at 3.0 x 4 . When i copy from the one 970 pro to another the ssds are working only at 40 / 100 active time and they are copying at 1,2 gigs per second . Can this be a limitation from the operating system ?can anyone has any insight ?

Solution
I think that it may be because you are doing a "copy" that you aren't getting rated speeds.

I think if you were doing a straight "read"....or a straight "write" you will probably get closer to rated speeds....but with copying....the data has to be read into a buffer and then written.....so I think this may be where you lose a little speed.
I think that it may be because you are doing a "copy" that you aren't getting rated speeds.

I think if you were doing a straight "read"....or a straight "write" you will probably get closer to rated speeds....but with copying....the data has to be read into a buffer and then written.....so I think this may be where you lose a little speed.

Solution