[SOLVED] HELP 1155 CPU pins KEEP bending

IrishCatGod

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2011
Let me preface this by saying I have been building computers since 2001. I also have torn out clumps of my hair.

I am building for a friend, who has a heart condition, just to add to all the stress.

Bought components on the 15th of November. Never has any build been close to as cursed as this one. Optical drive never sent. Ordered elsewhere. Processor did not send from 2 locations. Motherboard was sent from Tel Aviv in a wrapped envelope.

I am not sure if the pins came damaged, but I am guessing not. I went to install CPU and it gave WAY too much resistence. Made a crinkling noise. I checked multiple times to make sure CPU was in right spot. The pins still ended up bending.

Got another board from ebay. Encountering same thing. Was being very careful. Still, 3-4 Pins are ever so slightly bent.

Is the processor not compatible? It used to be if you had a xxxx socket board and a xxxx socket processor, you had 2 compatible parts. Is this not the case anymore? Why do the pins keep bending? I have never had this happen once. Now it has happened twice. I took extra precaution with 2nd board, watched a tutorial even. Each time the processor would not seat correctly.

The CPU is an intel i5-3470s. The motherboard is an Intel DH67BL 1155

I don't know where to go from here or what to do. I can not afford the price of what 1155 boards are selling for now. I don't think I can install this CPU as-is, and I do not have the equipment, nor now the nerves required to repair this.

Can someone just push me off a cliff please?

Solution
If it's any consolation....you have the right CPU for the right board.

It should fit.

Do you have the lever that's next to the CPU socket in the UP position when you are trying to insert the CPU? If you don't...it will not go in and the pins will bend.
If it's any consolation....you have the right CPU for the right board.

It should fit.

Do you have the lever that's next to the CPU socket in the UP position when you are trying to insert the CPU? If you don't...it will not go in and the pins will bend.

Solution