Solved

Budget PC 780$

Asus Prime B450
Ryzen 5 2600
Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz (2x8GB)
RX580 Sapphire 8 GB
HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB
SSD WD Green 120GB M.2
PSU Msi Platinum 600w
Case MSI Cube
Price:780$
Is this a good budget build?
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about budget 780
  1. RX580 Sapphire 8 GB...All 3 of mine died...Not a fan!
  2. Best answer
    Change the PSU to the Seasonic Focus Gold 550W & change the SSD to a 240gb version (WD Green isn't very good).

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($164.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial - MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($65.75 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.89 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: PowerColor - Radeon RX 580 8 GB Video Card ($179.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($55.66 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($68.79 @ B&H)
    Total: $775.05
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-11 16:45 EST-0500
  3. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    RX580 Sapphire 8 GB...All 3 of mine died...Not a fan!


    Can you suggest a better option?
  4. What sites do you order from , looking at some of your choices , seems like Europe.
  5. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    What sites do you order from , looking at some of your choices , seems like Europe.


    I will order from Amazon, for this build.
  6. Look at the build placed above by WildCard999 , great suggestions there.
  7. WildCard999 said:
    Change the PSU to the Seasonic Focus Gold 550W & change the SSD to a 240gb version (WD Green isn't very good).

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($164.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial - MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($65.75 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.89 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: PowerColor - Radeon RX 580 8 GB Video Card ($179.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Fractal Design - Focus G (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($55.66 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($68.79 @ B&H)
    Total: $775.05
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-11 16:45 EST-0500

    What about SSD 120GB Kingston A400, not m.2 but seems better option.
  8. Kingston A400...Very poor quality , will cause your system to freeze.
  9. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    Kingston A400...Very poor quality , will cause your system to freeze.


    Thank you for the help.
  10. Glad to assist!
  11. sajicsrdjan13 said:
    SR-71 Blackbird said:
    Kingston A400...Very poor quality , will cause your system to freeze.


    Thank you for the help.


    Yea that MX500 is leages better then that Kingston, I'd also highly recommend getting a SSD above 120gb as you may want to put a couple of games that load very slowly onto it, especially if it's a multiplayer game such as BF4.
  12. WildCard999 said:
    sajicsrdjan13 said:
    SR-71 Blackbird said:
    Kingston A400...Very poor quality , will cause your system to freeze.


    Thank you for the help.


    Yea that MX500 is leages better then that Kingston, I'd also highly recommend getting a SSD above 120gb as you may want to put a couple of games that load very slowly onto it, especially if it's a multiplayer game such as BF4.

    I have one more question, i just looked reviews of powercolor rx580 they are not very good. I was thinking about swapping ryzen 5 2600 to ryzen 3 2200g so i could afford a gtx 1060 6gb.
Ask a new question

Read More

MSI-Microstar