My pc has power but wont turn on

I just got a new pc case. Everything is plugged in every single component works. And it isn't an PSU problem since I tried 5 working PSUs.
Hardware:
Asus b85m e Motherboard
Pentium g3220
4gb Corsair RAM (I had 8 but one suddenly died on the same day)
530w Thermaltake psu
30 answers Last reply
More about power wont turn
  1. Try testing it outside the case.
  2. alexoiu said:
    Try testing it outside the case.


    Doesn't work either
  3. If removing the CPU power cable and starting the board, do case fans spin?
  4. alexoiu said:
    If removing the CPU power cable and starting the board, do case fans spin?

    At first it seemed like the CPU fan tried to power on but it couldnt so I tried again and now I don't get any response
  5. Without CPU power cable, the CPU fan would not spin. That's why I mentioned the case fans.
  6. alexoiu said:
    Without CPU power cable, the CPU fan would not spin. That's why I mentioned the case fans.


    Yeah sorry, those didn't spin at all
  7. Then it might be a board issue. Can you post a picture of the board?
  8. alexoiu said:
    Then it might be a board issue. Can you post a picture of the board?


    Do you want me to take out my gpu?
  9. Yes, better without it.
  10. alexoiu said:
    Yes, better without it.


    I apologize for my cable management https://imgur.com/gallery/LSFJUMl
  11. No problem.
    I suggest testing it outside the case, only CPU and CPU cooler installed, both 24 and 8 pin power cables connected. No other wires, or components. If still no go... it could be a board issue.
  12. alexoiu said:
    No problem.
    I suggest testing it outside the case, only CPU and CPU cooler installed, both 24 and 8 pin power cables connected. No other wires, or components. If still no go... it could be a board issue.

    Yep. It works outside the case
  13. :)
    Now check the standoffs and see if correctly positioned.
  14. alexoiu said:
    :)
    Now check the standoffs and see if correctly positioned.


    Yes they are
  15. Something is not right, then. Can you post a picture of the case inside (board removed)?
  16. alexoiu said:
    Something is not right, then. Can you post a picture of the case inside (board removed)?


    I can't right now since it's late where I am and I'm going to bed. Good night mate I will post tomorrow.
  17. No problem.
  18. alexoiu said:
    No problem.


    Yeet https://imgur.com/gallery/B8Apun2
  19. Does the fan cover the I/O shield? I can't see it...
  20. alexoiu said:
    Does the fan cover the I/O shield? I can't see it...


    It's above the I/o shield
  21. I see. Can you, please, remove the cables and take another picture, so that all standoffs can be seen?
  22. alexoiu said:
    I see. Can you, please, remove the cables and take another picture, so that all standoffs can be seen?


    Yeet 2.0 https://imgur.com/gallery/sNvBNUD
  23. If in the red circle there's a standoff, from the board's layout, I think that it should be moved in the magenta one
    http://
  24. alexoiu said:
    If in the red circle there's a standoff, from the board's layout, I think hat it should be moved in the magenta one
    http://

    Ok I'm going to try it after lunch. Thanks.
  25. You're welcome. Bon appetit!
  26. alexoiu said:
    You're welcome. Bon appetit!


    Mate I tried powering on my pc again outside my case with everything. I connected it to my monitor since it powered on but I didn't get a signal
  27. It worked yesterday, and now it doesn't?
  28. alexoiu said:
    It worked yesterday, and now it doesn't?


    Yep
  29. Check again what could have changed meanwhile.
  30. Nothing happened
    I give up
Ask a new question