[SOLVED] Will i7 4770 bottleneck rtx 2060?

wiktorpsp

Honorable
Jul 28, 2018
So as in the topic. Will it bottleneck it? If yes - how much? And should I change it for 4790k or it's not worth it to play without heavy bottleneck.

Solution
Hard to say how much fps we would be talking, as it really depends on whether the title is CPU or GPU bound. Most triple A titles mainly benefit from GPU. I would guess maybe 5-10 FPS to 40+ depending on title, but it I wouldn't upgrade it purely based on gaming performances. That said, if you intend to do CPU based streaming, without having a dedicated PC for it, I would definitely look into a 6 or 8 core CPU. Currently there aren't that many great options on those, but Ryzen 3rd gen should hit later this year (Like Q2-Q3ish). Unfortunately there isn't really an upgrade available on 1150 socket, so you would have change mobo (And ram cause of DDR4) so it would get rather pricey.

Zethio

Distinguished
May 9, 2014
If you only game on your pc, there is no real benefit from upgrading your CPU. Sure, you could gain some additional frames if you upgrade it, but nothing groundbreaking.

wiktorpsp

Honorable
Jul 28, 2018
I game on my pc but I'm also going to stream on it, but at the 1# place is gaming performance and since I'm on a 1150 mobo I don't have too many options to upgrade. Oh and I game on 1080p. @Zethio could can you estimate in % how big would be the bottleneck?

Zethio

Distinguished
May 9, 2014
Hard to say how much fps we would be talking, as it really depends on whether the title is CPU or GPU bound. Most triple A titles mainly benefit from GPU. I would guess maybe 5-10 FPS to 40+ depending on title, but it I wouldn't upgrade it purely based on gaming performances. That said, if you intend to do CPU based streaming, without having a dedicated PC for it, I would definitely look into a 6 or 8 core CPU. Currently there aren't that many great options on those, but Ryzen 3rd gen should hit later this year (Like Q2-Q3ish). Unfortunately there isn't really an upgrade available on 1150 socket, so you would have change mobo (And ram cause of DDR4) so it would get rather pricey.

Solution