[SOLVED] Best 500 USD System that can stream?

vezityshock

Proper
May 3, 2018
Hi! I was wondering what's the best system that I can build for 500 dollars (US) that can stream atleast 720p and with a windows key. I don't mind if it's a virtual key but any key could work.
This is the current list I've made:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VYWwfH
This build is for a friend, not me. He only has 500 to 550 dollars to spend. I'm pretty sure I can get a decent wifi adapter for him.
Thanks!

Solution
RX570 4GB can be found for around $130 on sale. That's >50% faster than a GTX1050 2GB.

Also, don't waste your time with a 120GB SSD. skip it until you've got enough ~$40 for a 240+GB one. (Crucial MX500 is good) games are big these days.

Corsair CX450 PSU = $20 after MIR quite frequently.

Asus TUF B450M = $75 after promo code EMCTUVU25
Jan 14, 2019
I switched out the psu for one that is bronze certified and with 100 more watts (same price as the one you picked) and upgraded the graphics card to a RX 570 4gb which can stream videos easily at 1080p. I picked an older wifi adapter, but it is still very stable and gets good speeds, but it can only recieve 2.4Hz signals and is kinda big. Lastly I lowered your HDD storage to throw in an SSD. This one is just personal preference since an SSD will boot way, way faster but HDD is cheaper per GB.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KKGNHh

I’m not sure where to get cheap windows keys, but you can install and use windows for free with some limitations and a windows watermark in the corner (You should look into this more). Lastly you should consider looking for a used high end motherboard, since it will have wifi compatibility built in and will be more future proof, look nicer and allow more overclocking options.

Used b450 AORUS on ebay $110- https://ebay.to/2HspTrd

You may want to switch the case for this price range to get a better cpu, but that depends on whether or not you value function over fashion

RX570 4GB can be found for around $130 on sale. That's >50% faster than a GTX1050 2GB.

Also, don't waste your time with a 120GB SSD. skip it until you've got enough ~$40 for a 240+GB one. (Crucial MX500 is good) games are big these days.

Corsair CX450 PSU = $20 after MIR quite frequently.

Asus TUF B450M = $75 after promo code EMCTUVU25

Solution

vezityshock

Proper
May 3, 2018
His budget is 500-550, so I can’t go over 550. He needs a computer than can both stream and game. It’s for his son which is a starting streamer, and games on a cheap ASUS laptop with an i3 4005u, which is really slow.

Jan 14, 2019
Depending on the resolution and FPS he wants to stream at, you might want to look at a mid tier GPU like a Gtx 1060 or RX 580, although for his budget it would have to be used. A Ryzen 3 would lead to some bottle necking, but buying a used cpu can be somewhat risky due to bent pins when removing or shipping. You should look at a cheaper power supply to dave some budget, but try to get one that’s bronze certified