Windows 8 allows administrators to prepare a system repair disc that helps them repair a Windows 8 computer in case it fails to start or behaves obnoxiously. To create a Windows 8 system repair disc, insert a blank DVD into the DVD drive to start.
Although all system repair tasks can be performed by inserting Windows 8 bootable installation media in the DVD drive and performing system repair steps, a system repair disc contains precise information and files that are required to repair a corrupt Windows 8 system. With the help of Windows 8 system repair disc, even non-technical users can bring a Windows 8 computer up if it fails to perform as expected.
Creation process of a system repair disc in Windows 8 requires elevated privileges, which means that in order to create a system repair disc, administrator account must be used to log on to the computer. Once system repair disc is created, the computer must be started using the DVD, and on-screen instructions must be followed to repair the system and bring it back.
How to Create a System Repair Disc?
To create a system repair disc for a Windows 8 computer, step-by-step instructions given below must be followed:
- Log on to Windows 8 computer with the administrator account system repair disc of which is to be created.
- Click Desktop tile from the Start screen to go to the desktop window.
- Once on the desktop screen, hover mouse to the bottom right corner of the window.
- From the displayed options, click Settings.
- From the Settings pane in the right, click Control Panel.
- On the opened Control Panel window, click System and Security.
- From System and Security window, click File History from the right pane.
- On File History window, click Windows 7 File Recovery from the bottom of the left pane.
- On Windows 7 File Recovery window, click Create a system repair disc from the left pane.
- On Create a system repair disc box, from Drive drop-down list, choose the appropriate optical media drive into which a blank DVD disc is inserted.
- Once selected, click Create disc to start the burning process of system repair disc.
- Once burning process of system repair disc completed successfully, click OK.
- Close all the opened windows when done.