Catalyst Control Centre is a graphics management tool that is used in conjunction with ATI graphics cards in order to manage the drivers and other ATI card specific features from a single console. Although Catalyst Control Centre is automatically installed along with the ATI graphics driver installation most of the times, in case the graphics driver does not automatically install the tool, administrators can manually download it from AMD's official website and install on the computer as a separate entity.
- Display Management - Catalyst Control Centre allows users to manage the display of a desktop computer or laptop PC, and optimize the video output to best fit as per the output unit. With the help of this feature, the display can be optimized for LCD monitors, HDTV, TV, CRT monitors, etc.
- 3-D Settings - Catalyst Control Centre helps users appropriately configure and manage 3-D settings of the computer according to the ATI graphics card specifications installed in the PC.
- GPU Recover - This feature automatically detects and rectifies any errors that an ATI graphics card may have. Since this feature automatically resolves minor issues, the problems remain transparent to the end users.
- Profiles - Catalyst Control Centre also allows users to create profiles with different settings. Different profiles can be created and applied on the computer as needed.
- Wizard - Catalyst Control Centre allows users to manage the tool using easy wizards. This allows even the non-technical users to configure the graphics card with ease and within no time.
As discussed above, in case Catalyst Control Centre is not already installed on a computer, it can be downloaded from the official website and installed manually.
How to Download and Install Catalyst Control Centre?
To download and install Catalyst Control Centre on a Windows 8 computer, step-by-step instructions are given below:
- Log on to Windows 8 computer with the administrator account.
- Click Desktop tile from the Start screen to go to the desktop window.
- On the desktop screen, click Internet Explorer icon from the taskbar.
- On the opened Internet Explorer window, copy http://www2.ati.com/drivers/13-1_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_... link in the address bar and press Enter.
- On View Downloads - Windows Internet Explorer box, click Save to start the Catalyst Control Centre downloading process.
- Navigate and locate the destination location where the catalyst control center installation file is saved.
- Once located, double-click the installation file.
- On User Account Control box, click Yes to provide the administrator approval to install the Catalyst Control Centre.
- On the opened Catalyst: Installation Folder box, click Install.
- On AMD - CatalystTM Install Manager window, choose the appropriate language from the drop-down list under Language Support section.
- Click Next to continue.
- On Select Installation Operation page, click Install button.
- On Installer Welcome page, under Welcome section, click to select Express radio button and click Next.
- On End User License Agreement page, click Accept.
- On Specify folder to install to box, click Yes.
- Wait till the installation is completed, and on the Finished page, click Finish.
- Restart the Windows 8 computer if required.