As everyone knows, Windows 8 was officially released on October 26, 2012, many Windows 7 or Windows XP users now want to upgrade their computers and install the latest Windows 8 operating system on their PCs.
To install Windows 8 on a computer, a licensed copy of the operating system can be purchased from any retail store in the local area, or the OS can be purchased online. When Windows 8 is purchased online, buyers are provided with a download link that allows them to download an ISO image of Windows 8. Along with the ISO image link, buyers are also provided with the Windows 8 product key that can be used to activate the operating system and make it a fully licensed copy.
Once the ISO image of Windows 8 is downloaded, the image can be burned on any blank DVD to make it Windows 8 installation media. This is Windows 8 DVD can then be used to install the operating system on a computer.
The easiest way of downloading Windows 8 legally from the Internet is directly from Microsoft’s official website. Users can pay for the purchased Windows 8 operating system through their credit cards, or any other payment mode accepted by Microsoft.
How to Download Windows 8
In order to download Windows 8, step-by-step instructions are given below:
- Log on to the computer with the administrator account on which Microsoft Windows 8 is to be downloaded.
- Make sure that the computer is connected to an active Internet connection.
- Click Desktop tile from the Start screen to go to the desktop window.
- Once on the desktop screen, click Internet Explorer icon from the taskbar.
- On the Internet Explorer window, type the following link: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/pd/productI... in the address bar and press Enter.
- On the opened webpage of the website, click to select Download radio button under How do you want to receive Windows section.
- Once selected, click Add to cart.
- On the next webpage, click Continue checkout.
- On the next webpage, provide the Microsoft account ID and password in the available fields.
- Once provided, click Sign in to access the Windows live account. Optionally, Create your account can also be clicked at the bottom of the webpage to create a new Microsoft account.
- On the Billing address webpage, populate the fields with the correct information as required.
- Follow on-screen instructions to continue with the downloading process.