.NET framework is a platform that can be downloaded and installed on Windows 8 to run several Microsoft-based applications and programming languages. .NET framework is also required as a prerequisite during the installation of many Microsoft applications, and if the framework is not available, the installation process fails.
Downloading and installing .NET framework 3.5 for Windows 8 64-bit edition requires elevated privileges, which means administrators account must be used to log on to the computer before initiating the downloading and installing process.
Where and How to Download .NET Framework 3.5 for Windows 8 64-Bit?
In order to download .NET framework 3.5 for Windows 8, instructions given below should be followed:
- Log on to Windows 8 computer with the administrator account.
- Make sure that the computer is connected to an active Internet connection.
- Click Desktop tile from the Start screen to go to the desktop window.
- Once on the desktop, click Internet Explorer icon from the taskbar.
- On the opened Internet Explorer window, copy and paste the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id... in the address bar and press Enter.
- On the webpage of the opened website, choose the appropriate language from the Change Language drop-down list under Quick details section.
- Once selected, click DOWNLOAD button.
- On the May We Also Suggest box, click NO THANKS AND CONTINUE.
- From the displayed dialogue bar at the bottom, click Save.
- On the same bar, click Open folder button to open the destination location of the downloaded .NET framework 3.5 setup file.
- From the opened window, right-click the setup file.
- From the displayed context menu, click Run as administrator.
- On the User Account Control box, click Yes to provide the administrative approval to execute the file with the elevated privileges.
- On the Windows Features box, click Download and install this feature.
- Let the Windows download and install the .NET framework 3.5 on the Windows 8 computer automatically.
- On the next box, click Close when done.