When Microsoft Windows 8 operating system is installed on any computer for the first time, the first thing that users must keep in mind is to install motherboard drivers for Windows 8. For desktop computers, Windows 8 drivers’ DVD is provided by the vendors along with the motherboard. However for laptop PCs, users have to download Windows 8 drivers from the Internet by navigating to the vendor’s official website.
Sometimes, Windows 8 drivers are also provided by the dealers from where the laptop is purchased. Without installing motherboard drivers, Windows 8 could function improperly, and can also make other applications that depend upon the drivers to behave poorly.
Today, almost all motherboards developed by various vendors are compatible with Windows 8 operating system. Such motherboards ship along with a DVD that contains motherboard’s corresponding device drivers.
In case the motherboard DVD gets stolen or corrupted, compatible motherboard drivers for Windows 8 can be searched and downloaded from the Internet. To download correct drivers for Windows 8 desktop computer, users must know the model number of the motherboard. Laptop users can also download the Windows 8 motherboard drivers by providing the model number of their laptop in the website of the manufacturer.
In order to keep Windows 8 functioning without error, motherboard drivers must be updated regularly from the Internet.
How to Download and Install Motherboard Drivers For Windows 8
In order to download and install motherboard drivers for Windows 8, step-by-step instructions given below should be followed:
- Log on to the computer with the administrator account on which motherboard drivers for Windows 8 are to be downloaded.
- Make sure that the computer is connected to an active Internet connection.
- Click Desktop tile from the Start screen to go to the desktop window.
- Once on the desktop screen, click Internet Explorer icon from the taskbar.
- On the Internet Explorer window, type the following link: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html in the address bar and press Enter.
- On the opened website, click Drivers & Software under Support & Drivers section.
- Type the name or model number of the laptop in Enter a product name/number field whose Windows 8 motherboard drivers are to be downloaded. (For example HP Pavilion dv6 3000 in this demonstration)
- Once specified, click SEARCH.
- From displayed results on the bottom of the same page, click the correct model number of the laptop.
- On the next webpage, choose Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit) from Select your operating system, then click Next drop-down list.
- Once selected, click Next.
- On the next webpage, click to expand the category drivers of which are to be downloaded.
- Once downloaded, right-click the setup file (.exe) of the drivers.
- From the displayed context menu, click Run as administrator.
- On the User Account Control box, click Yes to provide the administrative consents to run the application.
- Follow the on-screen instructions thereafter when done.