Once Windows 8 is installed, there are times when at some instance users might accidentally or deliberately install Claro Search toolbar. Although this toolbar is completely harmless, its presence and visibility might be frustrating and annoying for some home users, or the professionals working in any organization.
Administrators are recommended to clear the web browser history, cookies, and web browser cache in order to clean the entire web related information from the computer, if it was stored due to Claro Search toolbar.
Since the uninstallation process requires elevated privileges, performing additional steps to clean Windows completely wouldn’t be a troublesome task to perform.
How to Remove Claro Search and Claro Search Toolbar from Windows 8
In order to remove Claro search and Claro search Toolbar from Windows 8, step-by-step instructions given below should be followed:
- Log on to Windows 8 computer with the administrator account.
- Click Desktop tile from the Start screen to go to the desktop.
- Once on the desktop screen, hover mouse to the bottom right corner.
- From the displayed options, click Settings.
- From Settings pane, click Control Panel.
- On Control Panel window, click Programs category.
- On Programs window, click Uninstall a program option under Programs and Features category from the right pane.
- On Programs and Features window, from the right pane, search for Claro search, Claro search Toolbar, and BrowserProtect apps.
- Once searched, right-click the apps one by one.
- From the displayed menu, click Uninstall/Change.
- On the displayed confirmation box, click Yes to remove the selected application from Windows 8.
- Close Programs and Features window when done.