Skype is a well-known text, voice and video chat application that is globally accepted nowadays. Although Skype is a free app that can be downloaded and installed in Windows 8 and allows free Skype to Skype calling, its credits can be purchased to allow Skype to PC calling and vice versa.
How to Download and Install Skype Using Windows Store
Step-by-step instructions are provided below:
- Log on to Windows 8 computer with the user account for which Skype is to be downloaded and installed.
- Click Store tile from the Start screen to open Windows Store.
- Once on the Window Store, navigate to the Social category.
- On Social category, click Skype.
- On Skype window, click Install button.
- On Add your Microsoft account screen, specify the correct Microsoft account ID and password in the available fields.
- Once provided, click Save to save the provided account information, and allow Windows automatically download and install Skype on Windows 8. Alternatively, Sign up for a Microsoft account option can also be clicked in order to create a new Microsoft account ID.
- View the current status of Skype installation process in the Start screen.
Note: In case a user is already signed in with its Microsoft account, step 6 and 7 will not be displayed.