Windows 8 Metro UI Start screen has a default color after it has successfully installed. This default color might be soothing for the users who have recently installed the operating system. However as the time passes by, the same interface and the ambiance of the default color might bore the users, and they might end up getting frustrated and annoyed with the theme. Luckily, Windows 8 allows users to change the default background of Start screen.
How to Change the Background of Start Screen in Windows 8
Step-by-step instructions are provided below:
- Log on to Windows 8 computer with the administrator or standard user account on which Start screen background is to be modified.
- Click Desktop tile from the Start screen to go to the desktop.
- Once on the desktop screen, hover mouse to the right bottom corner.
- From the displayed options, click Settings.
- From the bottom of the Settings pane, click Change PC settings.
- On the displayed PC settings window, click to select Personalize category from the left section.
- Once selected, at the top of the right section, click to select Start screen.
- Once selected, click to select the desired background from the available background schemes.
- Close PC settings window when done.
- Go to the Start screen to experience the modified changes.
- Restart the computer if changes are not reflected instantaneously.