If you own a Samsung tablet, most likely you had purchased a model that has calling facility in it. In order to make or receive calls, send or receive SMS, etc. you will need to have a SIM card that you must insert into the card slot available in your tablet.
While using your Samsung tablet to make or receive the calls, it is unlikely that you will hold that 7 inches or 10.1 inches device close to your ears. Even the manufacturer understands this and therefore it provides you with a hands-free device that you can connect to your tablet and can make and receive phone calls, and listen to the music as well. If you are an advanced user, and you have purchased a Bluetooth hands-free for yourself, you might have experienced that sometimes when you connect the device to your Samsung tablet, you are connected to the phone audio only. This means that you can only use the tablet along with the Bluetooth hands-free to make or receive calls. You cannot hear the music even if you play the file in your favorite music player.
Solution to this problem is pretty simple. Here’s what you need to do:
- Make sure that your Bluetooth hands-free is turned on.
- Make sure that the Bluetooth feature on your Samsung tablet is enabled.
- Ensure that the Bluetooth hands-free that you want to connect to your Samsung tablet is paired with the device.
- Also ensure that your Bluetooth hands-free and the Samsung tablet are within each other’s range.
- On your Samsung tablet, tap the app drawer and from the displayed options, tap the Settings icon.
- From the Settings window, in the left pane, tap the Bluetooth option.
- From the right pane, tap the button with the gear/settings icon available in front of the icon of the Bluetooth hands-free device that you have connected paired and connected to Samsung tablet.
- On the window that appears next, under the Profiles section, check the Media audio checkbox by tapping on it. Also ensure that the Call audio checkbox is checked.
- Once done, tap the back button multiple times until you are out of the Settings window.
- You should now be able to listen to the music and make or receive the phone calls using your Samsung tablet.
Note: The same procedure can be followed if you are able to listen to the music only and not able to make or receive the phone calls.