Today Mozilla Firefox is one of the most used web browsers in the Internet world. With all other sophisticated features which almost every web browser has, Mozilla Firefox has maximum number of add-ons, plug-ins, and other browser specific tailored toolbars offered by many online gaming and shopping portals.
Apart from the above, one unique feature that Firefox has is that if users type their usernames and passwords on the sites using this browser and it saves the credentials, the saved information can be easily revealed in case the users forget them.
Although this feature of revealing the credentials can be considered a big security threat, it can be really a great advantage to have such feature in the browser as users need not to go through the lengthy password reset process should they somehow forget them.
In order to add an additional layer of security while protecting the stored passwords and preventing them from getting exposed to any unauthorized person, Firefox also allows the users to set a master password. When the master password is set, Firefox prompts for this password every time user credentials are needed to log on to the website. Master password is also needed when users try to reveal the stored passwords in Mozilla Firefox.
This is how you can reveal the stored passwords in Firefox:
- Log on to the user account using which the passwords were stored in Mozilla Firefox.
- Initialize Mozilla Firefox by double-clicking its icon.
- On the opened interface, click the Firefox button from the top left corner.
- From the displayed menu, go to Options > Options.
- On the Options window, click the Security icon from the top.
- Under the Passwords section, click the Saved Passwords button. You might be required to provide the master password to continue further in case the master password was set earlier.
- On the Saved Passwords box, click the Show Passwords button and confirm the activity by clicking the Yes button on the displayed confirmation box.
- Once done, all the stored passwords will be displayed along with their corresponding usernames.
- Once the passwords are revealed, you can then remove one or all the passwords, or hide them back before closing the Show Passwords box.
- Close all the opened windows and boxes after the modifications in order to save the changes that you have made.
Note: The above tutorial is for educational and informational purpose only. The website owners, the author, or any other individual or organization directly or indirectly connected to this tutorial is not responsible for any loss that the readers may face or cause to others due to the misuse of the information provided here.