The Internet Download Manager integrates with almost all web browsers for the downloading options. It also enables you to organize the downloaded files, such as segregating the files to their respective folders as per their genre, filtering the files to be downloaded based on their extensions, etc.
The Internet Download Manager provides a graphical user interface for easy interaction with the download schedule and process. As the program integrates with the well-known and most commonly used browsers, it takes over the copied URLs from the browser and starts downloading the associated files from the provider; but with your consent.
Although this default configuration is to ease the end user experience, some URLs may also be auto-generated by some adware. These self-generated URLs may start downloading unwanted files which may contain viruses or other harmful objects. The Internet Download Manager allows you to check such URLs before the downloading starts, and verify if the provided files are expected and requested by any of the internal user.
To avoid downloading such unwanted files, if you do not want the Internet Download Manager to take over the URLs automatically from the browsers, the program offers a hotkey option to forcefully accept or deny a download option. When this hotkey is pressed along with the mouse click the program accordingly takes over or hands over the downloading process from or to the browser. Moreover if you don’t want the program to take over the copied URLs on its own permanently, and should rather operate only on the download task manually initiated by you, the steps below can be followed to configure the IDM accordingly:
Steps to stop Internet Download Manager from downloading the contents from the copied URLs automatically:
- Log on to the computer using the administrator -account.
- Initialize the Internet Download Manager program.
- On the opened interface, click the Downloads menu from the menu bar.
- From the displayed menu, click Options.
- On the Internet Download Manager Configuration box, make sure that the General tab is selected.
- From the displayed list, uncheck the Automatically start downloading of URLs placed to clipboard checkboxes.
- Once done, click OK.
- Back on the previous box, click OK on all the opened boxes and interfaces to save the changes.