However there might be instances when you experience a reduced Internet download speed, like in the present case. In this scenario, the download speed that the Internet Download Manager has is maximum of 25Kbps. This means that even if multiple downloads processes are running in the Internet Download Manager, the total amount of download bandwidth will be 25Kbps which will be equally distributed among all the files that are being downloaded in multiple fragments.
The reason behind this download speed limitation is that the Speed Limiter feature is turned on either accidentally or deliberately by any other user or by you yourself. Although the feature is made available in the Internet Download Manager in order to allow the end users to prevent the overconsumption of the Internet bandwidth so that they can utilize the Internet in more efficient manner, the feature might be annoying for many home users if it is turned on accidentally.
Below is a process using which you can easily rectify the issue by turning off the Speed Limiter feature in order to get the maximum bandwidth to download the files of your choice:
- Log on to the computer on which the Internet Download Manager is installed and the limited Internet bandwidth for downloads is experienced.
- Once logged on, initialize the IDM program by double-clicking its icon.
- On the opened interface, click the Downloads menu from the menu bar.
- From the displayed menu, go to Speed Limiter and from the submenu, click to select Turn off.
- Alternatively, you can also click the Settings option and can configure the maximum amount of Internet bandwidth that the Internet Download Manager should use to download the files. Needless to say, if these settings are configured, they become applicable only when the Speed Limiter feature is turned on.
- Once done, restart the application to allow the changes to take effect.
- In case the issue persists, restart the computer and then try again.