This default configuration is quite ideal for normal MS Office users. However if you are working on some special document, or if you deal in the documents that use the uppercase words more often, you might also want the MS Word to display the spelling mistakes even if the words are typed that way.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to configure MS Word 2013 to display the spelling errors even if the words are written in uppercase. Since this configuration does not require any administrative rights, you, as a standard user on the computer can also configure MS Word 2013 this way.
Below are the instructions that will guide you through the process of configuring MS Word 2013 to display the spelling errors for words that are written in uppercase:
- Log on to the computer using the account on which MS Word 2013 is to be configured.
- Open any existing MS Word 2013 document or create a new one.
- On the opened interface, go to the FILE tab.
- From the displayed options, click Options.
- On the opened Word Options box, from the left pane, click to select the Proofing option.
- From the displayed options in the right, uncheck the Ignore words in UPPERCASE checkbox.
- Once done, click OK button to save the changes.
- If required, restart MS Word to allow the changes to take effect.