In such cases, it is always better to go for some third-party solution. K9 Web Protection by Blue Coat is best for such scenarios. The software is lightweight and easy to use. The best part is, K9 Web Protection is absolutely free.
Because of its web interface based management, K9Web Protection provides a better and comparatively easy substitute to block access to unwanted websites in Windows. K9 Web Protection is a free software providing parental control, which filters and blocks the unwanted accesses. It provides you the full control for browsing with a parent password. K9 Web Protection mainly features real-time categorization, customized list, time- restrictions, and easy activity report for better utilization.
K9 Web Protection can serve well for home users and in small scale industries, typically in Small Office Home Office (SOHO) environments.
Here’s what you need to do in order to block a category of websites using K9 Web Protection:
- Log on to the computer on which you want to block the website category.
- Ensure that K9 Web Protection software is installed on your computer and is running flawlessly.
- Click Start button.
- From the Start menu, locate and click Blue Coat K9 Web Protection Admin to initialize K9 Web Protection software.
- On the opened web interface, click Setup category.
- On the displayed box, provide the administrator credentials that you specified at the time of installing K9 Web Protection.
- On the opened interface, from the right pane, click to select the Custom radio button.
- From the expanded options, under the Other Categories section, check the checkboxes representing the category that you want to block.
- Once done, click Save button to save the changes.