If the same issue is with you, fortunately you can use the units’ drop-down list that the Word Options box of the MS Word 2013 has. Using this drop-down list, you can choose any unit for the ruler for your instance ofMS Word. Although modifying the ruler units is a very simple task, make sure you know what you are doing in order to remain comfortable with the interface of the application.
As with other MS Word 2013 advanced configurations, this one also does not require any administrative intervention. This further means that the modifications made in your instance of MS Word 2013 would remain specific for the user account on which the modifications have been made. In case your computer has multiple user accounts, you must make the changes in MS Word 2013 for every account on the computer.
By following the instructions given below, you can easily modify the units of the rulers in your instance of MS Word 2013:
- Log on to the computer using the account on which MS Word 2013 configuration is to be made.
- Once logged on, open any existing Word document or create a new one.
- On the opened interface, go to the FILE tab.
- From the displayed list, click Options.
- On the opened Word Options box, click to select Advanced option from the left pane.
- From the right pane, under the Display section, choose Inches from the Display measurement units in drop-down list.
- Once done, click OK to save the changes.
- Although it’s not needed, if the problem still persists, restart MS Word 2013 to allow the changes to take effect.