Oftentimes, when commercially used (such as in cyber cafés, school/college campuses, public places), administrators find it hard to manage the accessibility of the websites while handing over the systems to the users. Or during exams, parents want to block the access of gaming/social networking sites, which their children are prone to use. In those cases BitDefender can easily help them filter the list of allowed websites. By using BitDefender Total Security, admins can add certain websites of their choice to ‘allowed’ or ‘blocked’ category.
Steps to be followed to filter web sites in BitDefender:
- Log on to Windows using administrators account.
- Initialize the BitDefender Total Security program.
- Switch over to the Parental Control tab given at left pane of the interface.
- Click on the Config button under Users menu for the desired user.
- Selected by default, a Status tab will be displayed.
- Look for the unchecked box saying Parental control is disabled and click to check it so as to enable all the parental controls for the selected user.
- Now go to Web tab and check Enable Web Control option. This will make the options editable.
- Click on the button saying Allow Site and enter the website URL in the given area.
- Choose the Action allow/block and click Finish.
- URL for the following web site will be added in the provided list box showing its chosen status.
- Close down all the windows and you are done with it.
You may also assign a password by visiting ‘General Settings’ to restrict users to access the settings panel of the antivirus program.