Many a times while installing Google Chrome, it does not integrate itself with the Internet Download Manager. If the plugin is missing, the Internet Download Manager downloads the plugin from the browsers plugin store to overcome the problem by itself.However in some cases the browser integration is turned off in the settings of the Internet Download Manager. This means some settings are automatically created inside IDM while installing the software or browser, but they are not properly configured. In such cases, you are required to manually configure your settings provided by the Internet Download Manager.
Here are the steps you need to follow, so as to allow IDM to download directly from Google Chrome:
- Log on to your computer using administrator account.
- Make sure that Google Chrome is installed on your system.
- Initialize the Internet Downloader Manager program.
- On the opened interface, look for the Menu bar and click the Downloads menu.
- From the displayed menu, click Options.
- On the Internet Download Manager Configuration box, make sure the General tab is selected.
- In the Browser/System Integration Properties, look for the option Capture downloads from following browsers.
- From the displayed list of browsers, check the checkbox given before Google Chrome.
- Once done, click OK.
- Back on the previous interface, close and restart the Internet Download Manager to allow the changes to take effect.