Like mobile devices, even Skype allows you to set your custom ring tone by importing any .WAV file into the application. Once the external audio file is imported into the program, it can then be used to set as default ringtone for all incoming calls.
Not only this, you can also import multiple audio files into the Skype and can set the entire set of ring tones for different types of notifications such as message sent, Skype sign in, Skype sign out, messagereceived, call waiting, etc. Just like other normal modifications, this one does not require any administrative intervention as well.
By following the instructions given below, you can easily import the audio files into the Skype and can set the same file as a default notification tone or the ringtone as per your individual preferences:
- Log on to the computer on which you want to make the modifications.
- Once logged on, double-click the Skype icon to initialize the program.
- Provide your account credentials (username and password) to logon to Skype.
- On the opened interface, from the menubar, go to Tools>Options.
- On the opened Skype Options box, make sure that General category is selected from the left pane.
- From the expanded list that is displayed, click to select Sounds option.
- From the right pane, click Import sounds button under the My custom sounds section.
- Using the opened Choose your sound box, browse and locate the audio file of your choice. (.WAV file).
- Once located, click Open button to import the selected file to the Skype.
- Back on the previous box, click to select the desired event from the Select which events play a sound list to which the imported audio file is to be assigned as ring or notification tone.
- From the Choose which sound to play drop-down list, choose the file that you imported.
- Once done, click Save to save the changes.
- Finally click Close to close the Skype Options box.
- If required, restart Skype to allow the changes to take effect.