When you install Skype and create your account, or even if you sign in to Skype using your Microsoft ID, you can easily make calls by clicking on the target user icon, and then clicking the ‘Call’ button from the displayed profile. Although this default configuration of the application is widely used and accepted by almost every Skype user, there might be some instances where you, as a more sophisticated end-user, would like even a simpler method to make calls to the users on Skype. Considering this, Skype has a built-in feature that allows you to make Skype calls by double-clicking the target user’s icon from the contact list.
Since double-clicking the target users icon from the contact list to make Skype calls is really a very simple method, by default the option is disabled in order to prevent accidental call initialization, and additional bandwidth consumption or money wastage. However if you are quite sure that your device will not be used by any other person, and neither would it accidentally initiate the calls with your unintentional touches or clicks, you can simply enable the feature using which you can double-click the target users from the contact list to make a Skype call to them.
Below are the instructions that you can follow to enable the feature and Skype:
- Log on to the target computer.
- Make sure that Skype is successfully installed and is running flawlessly.
- Double-click the icon of the Skype to initialize the application.
- Sign in to the program using Skype for Microsoft account.
- On the opened interface, from the menubar, go to Tools>Options.
- On the opened Skype Options box, make sure that General settings option is
selected from the left pane.
- From the right pane, check the When I double-click on a contact start a call checkbox.
- Click Save button to save the changes.
- Finally click Close to close the Skype Options box.
- If required, restart Skype in order to allow the changes to take effect.
- Once this is done, you can start using the Skype and can easily make a call to the contact by double-clicking its icon in the contact list.