Many times the PNG images are used to prepare logos and stylish names for the organizations as well. When this is the case, you, as Adobe Photoshop designer, might require to save such PNG images of logos and stylish names without any background.
When you normally save the images that have transparent background in Adobe Photoshop, the images automatically add a white background before they are saved as PNG or JPEG files. This way, the images no longer remain with transparent background, and hence they are completely unusable as logos stylish names.
This tutorial will guide you step-by-step as how you can save such PNG images with the transparent background.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Log on to the computer using any account.
- Initialize Adobe Photoshop by double-clicking its icon.
- Once opened, create or import the desired image.
- Ensure that the background layer is set to transparent.
- Once you are done with the image creation process, flatten the image by going to Layer > Flatten Image.
- Accept any confirmation that is displayed in any kind of confirmation box while flattening the image.
- Once the images are flattened, go to File menu from the menu bar.
- From the displayed menu, click the Save for Web option.
(Note: Adobe Photoshop 7 is used for this demonstration. If you have some other version of Adobe Photoshop, you might find Save for Web and Devices option or something similar to this in the File menu.)
- On the opened Save for Web box, from the right section, click to select PNG-24 option from the Settings drop-down list.
- Check the Transparency checkbox.
- Finally click the Save button to save the image with the transparent background.
- The saved image can now be used for webpages as it does not contain any white or black background whatsoever.