If you are among those who do not wish to receive any tips, helps or promotional messages while using Skype, you can, by all means, disable the feature. When this feature is disabled, you no longer receive any promotional messages, tips to use the application, or any help messages while working with the software. Although this might not be a good approach while using Skype professionally in office, this can be done while using the software at your home, especially when used for personal uses such as staying in touch with your relatives, family members, or close friends.
Below is the process using which you can easily disable the promotional messages, tips, and help messages in Skype without any administrative intervention or logging off and logging on to the other account:
- Log on to the computer with any account.
- Ensure that Skype is successfully installed and is running flawlessly.
- Also ensure that the computer is connected to an active Internet connection.
- Sign in to the Skype using the account credentials in which the modifications are to be made.
- On the opened interface, go to Tools > Options.
- On the opened Skype Options box, from the left pane, click to select Notifications.
- From the expanded list, click to select Alerts & messages option.
- From the right pane, uncheck Help and Skype tips and Promotions checkboxes.
- Once done, click the Save button to save the changes.
- Finally click the Close button to close the Skype Options box.
- Restart Skype to allow the changes to take effect.
- If the messages are still displayed, restart the computer and then try again.