Even if you have purchased sufficient Skype credentials, and no matter how good soundcard your computer system may have, you won’t be able to establish a quality enriched voice call connection with any person in your Skype contact list until the application is properly configured. Although Skype is configured to use automatic settings by default after it is installed on the computer, there might be instances when the settings have been deliberately or accidentally changed due to any reason. This might result unstable voice clarity while speaking into the microphone and/or while receiving the voice from the other party.
In case you are facing such issue, the instructions given below will guide you through the process that would help you out rectify the issue.
Here is what you need to do:
- Log on to the computer with appropriate account credentials.
- Initialize Skype application and use appropriate credentials to sign in.
- On the opened interface, go to Tools > Options.
- On the opened Skype Options box, from the left pane, ensure that the General
category is selected and expanded.
- From the displayed options, click to select Audio settings.
- From the right pane, check the Automatically adjust microphone settings and Automatically adjust speaker settings checkboxes under the Microphone and Speakers category respectively.
- Initiate the test call to the Echo / Sound Test Service.
- Notice if the control bars are moving automatically to adjust the microphone and speaker volumes as required.
- Once done, click the Save button to save the changes.
- Click Close.
- Finally restart Skype to allow the changes to take effect.
Note: Sometimes you might also need to manually adjust the volume bars of Microphone and Speaker categories even after checking the automatic checkboxes. You might want to do so in order to adjust the volume as per your needs. Once you manually adjust the volume bars, they will automatically adjust their configurations later on. Also note that if you do not experience any changes in the volume quality even after checking the checkboxes, you might need to restart the computer in order to allow Skype to adjust and accommodate with the modified configurations.