Unlike all other applications that automatically start detecting the updates, Camtasia prompts about them to the users, and looks for the updates only when the users provide their consent to do so. Camtasia does so in order to keep users posted about its activities, and allow them to take appropriate action as per the network usage and Internet connectivity.
If you are a Camtasia user, you can allow or disallow the program to check for and download the updates from the Internet as soon as it prompts. In order to allow or disallow the update or upgrade detection, it is important that the program must prompt you before it detects them, which is the default configuration. However there might be instances when the program fails to prompt you about the updates. Now this is what you might not want the program to do. Therefore, in order to rectify the issue, you can follow the steps given below:
- Log on to the computer using administrator account.
- Once logged on, initialize Camtasia Studio program by double-clicking its icon.
- On the opened interface, go to the Tools menu from the menu bar.
- From the displayed list, go to Options.
- On the opened Options box, go to the Upgrade Options tab.
- Under the Check for Upgrade section, check the Prompt before upgrade check checkbox.
- Once done, click OK to save the changes.
- Close Camtasia Studio 8.1 program.
- Reopen the program, and this time the application should prompt you before doing any upgrade checks.