In earlier days, in order to convert a PowerPoint presentation into MP4 video file, several third-party applications were available. Such applications are still available but are not much used these days. The reason behind this is that the built-in feature in the latest version of MS PowerPoint that allows users to create MP4 files easily. Also, if you have installed Camtasia Studio on your computer, it automatically installs a PowerPoint add-in. When the PowerPoint add-in is installed and integrated within the MS PowerPoint program, PowerPoint can then be used to record the videos and system and voice sounds without using any other application.
Once the PowerPoint add-in is installed along with the Camtasia application, the add-in can then be configured accordingly within the MS PowerPoint application itself.
Coming back to the PowerPoint presentation to MP4 conversion process, the task is very simple to perform. You are just required to save the file as MP4 while saving the presentation. When you save the file as MP4, MS PowerPoint automatically adjusts the slide transition interval, click events, and other animations that the presentation may have. In all, as an end-user, when you try to convert a PowerPoint presentation files to an MP4 file format, you are not required to make any granular modifications before converting.
Here’s what you need to do in order to convert a PowerPoint presentation to MP4:
- Log on to the computer using any account.
- Initialize the MS PowerPoint program from Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office 2013.
- Once opened, locate and open the desired presentation that you want to convert to MP4.
- Once done, go to the FILE tab.
- From the displayed list, click Save As.
- On the displayed interface in the right, click to select the location where you want to save the file.
- On the opened Save As box, from the Save as type drop-down list, choose MPEG-4 Video (*.MP4).
- Wait till the file is saved in the MP4 format.