When Camtasia is installed on the computer, it automatically installs a PowerPoint add-in which enables the Camtasia recording feature within the MS PowerPoint program.
If you are a professional and your job includes preparing educational videos, presentations, or animated profiles, the default behavior of Camtasia add-in that is compatible and gets integrated with the PowerPoint might be a very handy feature for you. On the other hand, if you are using Camtasia or PowerPoint just for domestic purposes, sometimes you might not want the two programs to integrate or communicate with each other. Camtasia developers understand this and therefore they allow the users to disable the PowerPoint add-in from within the Camtasia Studio program. In order to do so, the program must be executed with the elevated privileges. This means that in order to manage the PowerPoint add-in from within the Camtasia program, the application must be started using the Run as administrator command.
In this tutorial, you will learn how you can execute Camtasia Studio using the elevated privileges, and how you can disable the PowerPoint add-in from within its interface.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Log on to the computer using administrator account.
- After logging on, right-click the Camtasia Studio 8.1 application’s shortcut icon.
- From the displayed context menu, click Run as administrator.
- On the displayed User Account Control confirmation box, click Yes to provide your consent to proceed.
- On the opened interface, go to the Tools menu from the menu bar at the top.
- From the displayed list, go to Options.
- On the opened Options box, go to the PowerPoint tab.
- On the displayed interface, under the PowerPoint Add-in section, uncheck the Enable PowerPoint Add-in checkbox.
- Once done, click the OK button to save the changes that you have made.
- Close and then reopen Camtasia Studio 8.1 program in order to view the modified settings.
- In order to cross check the new configuration, open MS PowerPoint verify the modifications.