Same is the case with Camtasia Studio. While installing this program, the installation process prompts the users and asks them if they want to send their feedback to the developers anonymously. If users want, they can provide their consent and allow the application to do so. By allowing the application to send anonymous feedback helps the developers to improve the program by understanding the requirements of the end-users, and the flaws that the application may have.
However, there might be some security concerns in this process. Although the information that is transferred to the developers remains anonymous, the smart intruders or hackers can capture the source and destination IP addresses, MAC addresses, etc. and can easily intrude into either of the computers to fetch the sensitive information unethically. This is what many of you might not want. Therefore, in order to prevent such mishaps, you can disable the anonymous feedback sending option in Camtasia.
By following the instructions given below, you can easily disable the feedback sending feature in the program:
- Log on to the computer using administrator account.
- Double-click the Camtasia Studio 8.1 icon to initialize the program.
- On the opened interface, go to the Tools menu from the menu bar.
- From the displayed menu, go to Options.
- On the opened Options box, go to the Help us improve tab.
- From the displayed interface, click to select the No, thank you radio button.
- Once done, click the OK button to save the modifications that you have made.
- Close and reopen Camtasia Studio 8.1 in order to start using the program with the modified